Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How the Leopard Got His Spots

So my last mani chipped after two days...and I wasn't really that upset because I got to use my (drumroll please) Essie Matte About You AS WELL AS my brand-spankin'-new MASH dotting tools. The excitement was overwhelming, so I went with a "simple" leopard print.  The tutorial I used is super easy, and you can find it on Beautylish.



That awesome bracelet I'm wearing is from Apricot Lane Boutique-I think they're fairly new since they don't even have an online store, but I think they have a fair number of locations and are totally worth checking out. For the steps,etc., look after the jump: 

Base Coat: Just my Nutra Nail Strengthener. I went with Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Tough Taupe as the base color. It's a tad more purple than I expected, but I still really enjoy it. On top of that, I used the Essie Matte About You, which dries quickly and definitely does what it's supposed to.



I couldn't make my nails THAT neutral, so for the base of the spot, I went with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Golden-I, the sister color to my favorite silver (Celeb City). 



I used the purple MASH dotting tool with the same-sized ends to do the black parts of the spots using Sinful Colors Black on Black once again. ( I like these dotting tools too, it was my first time using one and it was easy as pie.)


Of course, there was no topcoat, so I'm interested to see exactly how long this is going to last, but so far, I'm in love.






No comments:

Post a Comment