Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Seersucker and Roses

So, for all of you out there who don't know this about me, I'm a complete sucker for seersucker. I almost bought a pair of seersucker pants a couple of days ago, but they didn't have my size...and out of my depression came an idea. Julianne, a smoky blue creme that came in my last Maven box, is almost the same blue as the blue on the seersucker shorts I may or may not be wearing right now. This is just a (sloppy) swatch of Julianne, taken in sunlight:


Gorgeous, right? Now look what happens when you add stripes (for optimal seersuckery-ness) and ROSES. 


I know I have atrocious cuticles, but I did do these right before class so...there's my excuse. I've done roses before with a dotting tool, but this time I decided to try freehanding them with a teeny tiny brush I found lurking in my art supplies, and I'm pretty proud of myself. Like always though, my left hand is a little more...abstract. And now here is a gratuitous shot of my nails with my shorts, which are Levi's that I bought maybe two years ago?


So perfect.
p.s. my ring is from Foreverrrr 21!



No comments:

Post a Comment